Tuesday, February 15, 2011

February strikes back


When I think something seems to be shifting in my little universe and/or the big one, I read the psychic weather forecast for clues about what’s going on and how to make the best of it. When you have a moment for a longish but interesting read, check out this month’s Shamanic forecast. It seems to be working for me as well as for the Egyptians.


Two things struck me about this month’s spiritual weather. The first is that now is the time to commit:

“We can't stress enough the power of these times and what they afford to everyone in terms of opportunity if you can commit, stay in present time and get out of your mental trap that needs to know and control the how of things. You don't need to know how, you just need to know what. In fact there is very little information available with regards to ‘how’ these days. And what is available is outdated and doesn't work. So be a pioneer of your own life and decide what you want. Then commit to it one hundred percent without the need to know how you will get there.”

The Western world bites its fingernails over how Egypt will get to true democracy and whether those awful Islamists will get control if they do and whether the new Egypt can possibly function any better than the old. But the Egyptian people just decided what they wanted and committed to it. They became pioneers of their own lives.

I will not put my personal commitment anywhere near par with that but the synchronicity is interesting. I wrote on February 7, “What I can commit to 100 percent without knowing how I will get there: get the bushel off of this little light of mine.”* And the next morning it came to me, “Duh. Blog.”

Meanwhile in Egypt that day, protesters were sticking to their non-guns: “After First Talks, Egypt Opposition Vows New Protest: The government portrayed itself as on the way to negotiating an end to the uprising. Protesters dismissed the claim, but it was better received in Washington.”

But the other thing about the February forecast is that “all the obstacles will become more aggressive.” That is, people’s worst personal tendencies will come to the fore, be exaggerated. The stubborn will become more stubborn, the impatient will become “aggressively intolerant, dismissive, and inconsiderate.” February will fight back.

Hosni will become more Hosni-ish, as he did in that last speech—stubborn, proud, out of touch. His goons struck back. February struck back but the protesters held fast.

My biggest personal obstacle is self-deprecation, which is also, according to the seer who writes the shamanic forecasts, a predominant obstacle of this year, 2011. We are all likely to be even more self-deprecating than usual. And so this month we will have an exaggerated tendency to withdraw, give up, and reject support and acknowledgement.  

Good thing I read that before starting this blog because daily I have to overcome the certainty that I have nothing to say or that I am saying too much, that all my personal writing projects have failed in the past and this one will too, yada yada.

The self-deprecation obstacle looms large and I just smile and sigh and go ahead anyhow. There, there. February is just striking back.

Go Egypt!

*This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine ...
Hide it under a bushel, no! I'm gonna let it shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment