Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What is practical mysticism


What I mean by practical mysticism is spiritual experience that makes you a finer person: Stronger, wiser, kinder, happier. More accomplished, generous, responsible, and ethical. And more fun to be around.

That last criterion is important. It is perhaps what distinguishes my version of practical mysticism from what you might find on sites like www.practicalmystic.org or www.thepracticalmystic.com.  But I am expecting it to be challenging to meet that criterion because writing about personal spiritual experience in a way that is interesting to other people is difficult. I risk boring you.

Do you really care about my dreams, my prayers, and what I see with my eyes shut? Honestly now.

You should, however, care about your own experience and what I can do is set an example that may key you into that. But this is not only about you or me, but what happens in the world and our communities when we get mystical.

It can be a real adventure. In this forum, as in the real world, I hope to be fun to be around.

1 comment:

  1. ...fun to be around...what a great criteria, Nancy. This kind of mysticism seems very Jesus-esk to me, and fresh, and real. I will be a reader, at least at times! As the Spirit moves...

    ReplyDelete